Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pinterest January - Living Room

Hi all! Today's evening post is on Living room décor. I love the stone on the fireplace but will talk about in future post. Today I'm focused on the barn doors and repurpose jewelry box into a remote control storage box.

Jewelry box -  This is awesome! I never thought about this but what a great idea. Let's face it: remote controls are ugly. However, if we had a cute box to put them in and it would fit with most decors that is almost perfect!

Curtain rods - Taking a board and staining it or painting it, then placing hooks on it is wonderful for my large windows that I was trying to figure out what to do with. This is now on the project list and I will keep you posted on the development.

Finally, the barn doors I would love to do but not sure were this would fit in my house. Maybe if my "mom's room" is developed out then the barn doors for the closet would work great. I like mixing the glass with the doors but the doors are beautiful in stained wood. My dream for the room is to remove items from my grandmother's house that is now vacant and the barn. I would like to put the barn wood on 2 of the walls and have the ceiling in the metal tiles that are in her house. I would even take the chandler that my mom wants and put it in the hallway to the room. My way of honoring my mom and, my namesake, grandma!
I'll keep you posted!
~Tara Woolbright, Realtor 713-489-0507 or tara.woolbright@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment